Membership of the association is by registration of your company with the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) for Stevedoring Licence and a subsequent clearance by the association after an initial inspection of your office and relevant stevedoring equipments.
Become a Member
Benefits of Membership of the association is not limited to those of general sense of belonging and confidence, but include the following;
- Establishment of easy connection of members to heads and members of National and International Agencies within the Maritime Sector and other relevant industries.
- Creation of robust platform for perceptive and productive negotiations / collective bargaining
- Fostering of cordial relationships among members and between members of other relevant associations / unions
- Provision of broader pedestal for promotion of peace, harmony and a podium of conflict resolution among members and between members and other stakeholders
- Exposure of members to free professional consultation and legal support on issues relating to the industry
- Provision of access to a wealthy store of documentation and documentaries for members research and data requirements
Summary of Registration/Dues
To be member of the association, your company should have:
- Letter of Appointment by either Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) OR
- Contract letter from Terminal Operator / Jetty Operator / Oil Platform Operator as Dock Labour Employer
- Certificate of registration with Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA)
- Payment for registration form and process fee
- Monthly payment of association subscription